Streval ltd specialise in concrete investigation. This broad category includes concrete condition assessment, and all of the associated testing related to this as well as one off investigations of failed structural elements.
Concrete condition assessment includes any of the following:
- Carbonation depth measurement to BS EN 14630.
- Chloride ion depth penetration by taking dust samples at defined depth increments (usually at 25mm increments) to BS EN 14629.
- Cover measurements at nodes over a defined grid.
- Half-Cell corrosion rate mapping at nodes over a defined grid.
- GPR grid surveys of structural elements in order to plot reinforcing detail and to create 3D maps of buried features.
- GPR BSEF (Back Scattered Electromagnetic Frequency) analysis to determine increased ground water content, poor concrete compaction, high water content/porosity of structural concrete and many other structural issues.
- Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity to determine voiding and honeycombing issues in concrete.
- Ultrasonic Pulse Echo tomography to image concrete in 3D in order to size voiding present inside.
- Sonreb method of compressive strength determination utilising a combination of Schmidt hammer and UPV readings.
- Strength correlation of Schmidt hammer readings with a small representative sample of cores in order to non-destructively assess strength over a large structure.
- Visual survey to include crack mapping and measurement.
- Delamination survey or hammer tapping to locate areas of delaminated concrete due to corrosion or movement.
Our Concrete Investigation Services
We can core to any depth through concrete and upto 450mm in diameter.Find Out More
As part of condition survey of concrete structures, we carry out carbonation depth ingress testing.Find Out More
Chloride Ion Content
At Streval we are adept at carrying out chloride ion depth penetration testing.Find Out More
We carry out cement content testing in order to properly calibrate chloride ion percentage readings.Find Out More
Material sampling for UKAS laboratory testing.Find Out More
High Alumina cement was used in building projects to predominantly manufacture precast beams up until 1975.Find Out More
Resistivity Permeability Testing
As part of concrete condition surveys to critical infrastructure, we often pair half-cell corrosion mapping with electrical resistivity measurement.Find Out More
Concrete cover mapping is an essential part of concrete condition assessments.Find Out More
As part of condition assessment of a structure, corrosion mapping, using half-cell, of the most severely affected locations is essential.Find Out More
Testing for sulphate content of dust samples can be undertaken to assess the presence of water soluble and alkali sulphates in the concrete matrix.Find Out More